Wednesday, May 29, 2019

"Let my soul rejoice in the Lord; for He hath clothed me in the garment of salvation..."

Christ is risen! Truly He is risen!
Christ beholding the risen Christ (source)
  
Let my soul rejoice in the Lord; for He hath clothed me in the garment of salvation, and with the vesture of gladness hath He covered me: he hath placed a crown upon me as on a bridegroom, and He hath adorned me as a bride with comeliness. And as the earth putting forth her flowers, and as a garden its seed; so shall the Lord, even the Lord, cause righteousness to spring forth, and exultation before all nations. For Zion's sake I will not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest, until her righteousness go forth as light, and my salvation burn as a torch. And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and kings thy glory: and one shall call thee by a new name, which the Lord shall name. And thou shalt be a crown of beauty in the hand of the Lord, and a royal diadem in the hand of thy God. And thou shalt no more be called Forsaken; and thy land shall no more be called Desert: for thou shalt be called My Pleasure, and thy land Inhabited: for the Lord has taken pleasure in thee, and thy land shall be inhabited. And as a young man lives with a virgin, so shall thy sons dwell in thee: and it shall come to pass that as a bridegroom will rejoice over a bride, so will the Lord rejoice over thee.
-Isaiah 61:10 – 62:5
(source)
  
Christ is risen from the dead, by death trampling down upon death, and upon those in the tombs He has granted life!
Truly the Lord is risen!

No comments: