Tuesday, July 14, 2020

"With a voice of rejoicing, and crying out with psalms..."

St. Marina the Great Martyr (source)
  
With a voice of rejoicing, and crying out with psalms, let us hymn the Martyr Marina, for she cast down the delusion of the idols, and manfully trampled the enemy underfoot. Therefore, having been perfected, she is taken up into the heavens, wearing a crown upon her head, crying out: O You, my Bridegroom, as the Object of my love and fervor, for You I have given my flesh to the fire. Make me therefore to dwell in Your heavenly mansions unto the ages, in which those who dwell ever rejoice.
-Doxastikon of the Stichera for the Feast of St. Marina the Great Martyr

(source)
  
St. Marina the Great Martyr (source)
  
Through the prayers of our Holy Fathers, Lord Jesus Christ our God, have mercy on us and save us! Amen!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's my patron saint!!!

She is extremely beautiful, loving, caring, innocent, and tender. She is so happy and triumphant.