Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Metropolitan Anthony Bloom on the New Year

Icon of Christ: "I am the light of the world..." (source)
  
"At the beginning of the war, King George I said words that we could say at the start of every new year. In his message to the Nation, he read a quote:
'I told the man standing in the doorway to the new year: give me a light to go out with safety into the unknown, and he responded: 'Go out into the light, and place your hand in the hand of God, for it would be better for you than any other light, and more safe than a well-known road.'
"This I call on us to do, and today, let us make a decision to be faithful to our calling, and to begin the New Year with courage. Amen."
-Metropolitan Anthony (Bloom) of Souroz

(source)
  
Through the prayers of our Holy Fathers, Lord Jesus Christ our God, have mercy on us and save us! Amen!

No comments: