Saturday, February 21, 2009

Meatfare Sunday - The Last Judgment

Icon of the Toll-houses of the Soul the the Divine Judgment of Christ (http://www.pigizois.net/galery/telonismos/rosiki_eikona_me_ta_telonia_tis_cixis.jpg)

Doxastikon of the Aposticha for Meatfare Sunday - Tone 8.
Glory to the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit
Alas, black soul! Till when will you not make an end of evils ? Till when will you lie in idleness? Why do you not think of the fearful hour of death? Why do you not tremble at the dread judgement seat of the Saviour? What defence then will you make, or what will you answer? Your works will be there to condemn you; your deeds will reproach you and condemn you. the time is near at hand, my soul; run, make haste before it is too late, and cry aloud in faith: I have sinned, Lord, I have sinned against you; but I know your compassion, Lover of mankind. Good Shepherd, do not deprive me of a place at your right hand in your great mercy.
Through the prayers of our Holy Fathers, Lord Jesus Christ our God, have mercy on us and save us! Amen!

No comments: