Thursday, April 25, 2019

"The Lord spoke to Job through the whirlwind and clouds..."

" The Lord spoke to Job through the whirlwind and clouds..." (Job 38:1)
  
(source)  
"When the stars were made, all my angels praised me with a loud voice." (Job 38:7)
  
"And who prepared a course for the violent rain, and a way for the thunders;  to rain upon the land where no man, the wilderness, where there is not a man in it; so as to feed the untrodden and uninhabited , and cause it to send forth a crop of green herbs? Who is the rain's father? and who has generated the drops of dew? And out of whose womb comes the ice? and who has produced the frost in the sky, which descends like flowing water? who has terrified the face of the ungodly?" (Job 38:25-30)
  

"And who is he that numbers the clouds in wisdom, and has bowed the heaven to the earth?" (Job 38:37)
    
   "And do the gates of death open to thee for fear; and did the porters of hell quake when they saw thee?"
(Job 38: 17)
  
"I have heard the report of thee by the ear before; but now mine eye has seen thee. Wherefore I have counted myself vile, and have fainted: and I esteem myself dust and ashes." (Job 42:5)
  
"They that saw me abhorred me: the very persons whom I had loved, rose up against me." (Job 19:19)
  
"And they stood aloof and abhorred me, and spared not to spit in my face...They have risen up against on the right hand of offspring; they have stretched out their foot, and directed against me the ways of their destruction. My paths are ruined; for they have stripped off my raiment..." (Job 30:10-13)
  
"Who will tell him his way to his face, whereas he has done ? who shall recompense him? And he has been led away to the tombs..." (Job 21:28-32)
  
(source) 
"Where then is yet my hope? or shall I see my good? Will they go down with me to Hades, or shall we go down together to the tomb?" (Job 17:15-16)
  
"For I know that he is eternal who is about to deliver me, to raise up upon the earth my skin that which I am conscious of in myself, which mine eye has seen, and not another, but all have been fulfilled to me in bosom." (Job 19:25-27)
  
"And the Lord blessed the latter end of Job, than the beginning...And Job died, an old man and full of days: and it is written that he will rise again with those whom the Lord raises up." (Job 42: 12, 17)
  
Through the prayers of our Holy Fathers, Lord Jesus Christ our God, have mercy on us and save us! Amen!

No comments: