Thursday, November 12, 2020

From the Blessing - Psalter of St. Arsenios, "So that God saves the world when plague comes..."

Jesus Christ "The Good Shepherd" (source)

From the Blessing - Psalter of St. Arsenios of Cappadocia:

"85 (86) So that God saves the world when plague comes and people die."

O Lord, incline thine ear, and hearken to me; for I am poor and needy. 2Preserve my soul, for I am holy; save thy servant, O God, who hopes in thee. 3Pity me, O Lord: for to thee will I cry all the day. 4Rejoice the sold of thy servant: for to thee, O Lord, have I lifted up my soul. 5For thou, O Lord, art kind, and gentle; and plenteous in mercy to all that call upon thee. 6Give ear to my prayer, o Lord; and attend to the voice of my supplication. 7In the day of my trouble I cried to thee: for thou didst hear me. 8There is none like to thee, O Lord, among the god; and there are no works like to thy works. 9All nations whom thou hast made shall come, and shall worship before thee, O Lord; and shall glorify thy name. 10For thou art great, and doest wonders: thou art the only and the great God. 11Guide me, O Lord, in thy way, and I will walk in thy truth: let my heart rejoice, that I may fear thy name. 12I will give thee thanks, O Lord my God, with all my heart; and I will glorify thy name for ever. 13For thy mercy is great toward me; and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell. 14O God, transgressors have risen up against me, and an assembly of violent men have sought my life; and have not set thee before them. 15But thou, O Lord God, art compassionate and merciful, long-suffering, and abundant in mercy and true. 16Look thou upon me, and have mercy upon me: give thy strength to thy servant, and save the son of thine handmaid. 17Establish with me a token for good; and let them that hate me see it and be ashamed; because thou, O Lord, hast helped me, and comforted me.

(source)

St. Arsenios of Cappadocia, in prayer (source)

Through the prayers of our Holy Fathers, Lord Jesus Christ our God, have mercy on us and save us! Amen!

No comments: