Thursday, April 1, 2010

Kontakion and Oikos of Holy Friday

The Theotokos embracing Christ crucified (Icon courtesy of www.eikonografos.com used with permission)

Kontakion. Tone 8. [By St Romanos]
Come, let us all praise him who was crucified for us; for Mary looked upon him on the Tree and said: ‘Though you endure the Cross, yet you are My Son and my God.’

The Ikos
As she saw her own Lamb being dragged to slaughter Mary, the Ewe-lamb, worn out with grief, followed with other women, crying out, ‘Where are you going, my child? For whose sake are you completing the course so fast? Is there once again another wedding in Cana? And are you hurrying there now to make wine for them from water? Should I go with you, my child, or rather wait for you? Give me a word, O Word; do not pass me by in silence, you who kept me pure, My Son and my God.’

Through the prayers of our Holy Fathers, Lord Jesus Christ our God, have mercy on us and save us! Amen!

2 comments:

茂一 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Agioi_Anargyroi said...

As I mention on the sidebar: "Comments that are irrelevant to the topic of the post will be deleted."