Thursday, February 21, 2013

A prayer of Elder Joseph the Hesychast

Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Savior (source)
 
A prayer of Elder Joseph the Hesychast (amateur translation)
O sweetest Master, our Lord Jesus Christ, send Your holy grace and dissolve from me the bonds of sin. Enlighten the darkness of my soul that I might come to understand Your incomparable mercy, and love and thank You, as is right, my sweetest Savior, Who is worthy of every love and thanksgiving.

Yes, me Good Benefactor, and greatly-compassionate Lord, do not take Your mercy from us, but have mercy on Your creation.

I know, O Lord, the weight of my offenses, but I behold Your incomparable mercy. I perceive the darkness of my senseless soul, but I believe with firm hope, awaiting Your divine illumination and the transformation of my evil and sinful and terrible passions, through the intercessions of Your sweetest Mother, our Lady Theotokos, and all the Saints. Amen.
(source)
 
Icon of Blessed Elder Joseph the Hesychast with scenes from his life (source)
  
Through the prayers of our Holy Fathers, Lord Jesus Christ our God, have mercy on us and save us! Amen!

No comments: