Sunday, June 1, 2014

A miracle of St. Paisios

Elder Paisios of the Holy Mountain (+1994) (source)
 
This miracle of Elder Paisios occurred for a police officer, Mr. A.X. in Thessaloniki, as he himself relates:
"On June 8th, 1986, I was on duty in my police service, near the central hospital of Thessaloniki, when I was hit by a "Molotov" bomb. I suffered serious trauma. In the Hospital "Hippocrates", where I was transferred, they let me be, because they thought that death would come soon. I remained in life, but I had lost all contact with my environment. The Elder [Paisios], from the first instant I met him, told me: "You will suffer greatly, but you will live."

"After a few days, I somewhat came to my senses. But one day, however, I felt as if I were dying, and I told the nurse: "My sister, I'm dying, I'm dying." I began then to ascend and leave the earth, to travel among the stars and continue through the galaxies. This is the explanation I gave at that instant. I kept ascending, ascending, and before me went a light, like a lit lamp. Straightaway the journey stopped. I began to move in reverse and landed. I found myself in the hospital, with a tracheotomy and doctors around me, looking at me.

"Five days later, I met the Elder in Souroti. He embraced me, kissed me, and I began to relate how I died. He cut me off, saying: 'Hey, my blessed one, we went together to the other life and returned. Didn't you see me?' Then I understood what that light was that I saw."
 
Amateur translation of text from source: Geron Paisios Enas Sygchronos Agios (Elder Paisios, a Modern Day Saint), published by Papademetriou, Athens, 2009, pg. 78.
   
Through the prayers of our Holy Fathers, Lord Jesus Christ our God, have mercy on us and save us! Amen!

1 comment:

Orthodox Church Quotes said...

I would like to correspond with you privately about reposting some of your translated material on orthodoxchurchquotes.com. If you cannot contact me privately through this comment, you can reach me through the contact page of Orthodox Church Quotes. Thank you!