Tuesday, December 18, 2018

St. Iakovos of Evia on the joy of the Nativity of Christ

The Adoration of the Magi (source)
  
"Yes, my good children! My joy was so great from the nativity of Christ, that I couldn't keep it to myself. I said to myself, 'O Iakovos, go into the forest to chant: 'Christ is born, glorify Him''. And as I was changing the birds came and chanted together with me."

This St. Iakovos of Evia told to students who came as pilgrims to the Monastery of St. David, when, after the vigil of Christmas, they took a walk in the forest and saw the holy elder chanting, surrounded by birds.
(source)
  
St. Iakovos of Evia chanting of Christ's birth in the forest, surrounded by birds (source)
  
Through the prayers of our Holy Fathers, Lord Jesus Christ our God, have mercy on us and save us! Amen!

No comments: